Job Title: Email Deliverability Operations Specialist
You’re an expert in high-volume email deliverability. You know the pitfalls that can keep email from being delivered and understand how to work with the people sending it and the channels through which it travels to ensure maximum deliverability. You have a passion for the space and want to help make email marketing an effective, positive experience for everyone involved.
We are a well-funded Seattle startup, disrupting the existing $4.5B list marketing industry with a cutting edge web-based platform deployed in the Amazon EC2 cloud. With large advertising agencies and enterprises as our clients, we are poised for quick, explosive growth. Come join our team of experienced marketers, entrepreneurs and technologists.
We are located in the Pioneer Square of downtown Seattle, with additional offices in New York City and Portland, OR.
About the Position:
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about deliverability and enjoys working cross-functionally with marketing, creative and technology teams. You will be responsible for and focus on growing and improving the deliverability of our high volume email campaigns.
As a qualified candidate, you must be well connected and versed with the email marketing community. You will work alongside our product and development teams to design and direct email strategies that ensure the best possible deliverability.
· Manage and improve overall message deliverability.
· Work with the product and technology teams and with stakeholders to improve the overall messaging strategy.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all operational deliverability issues: education, on boarding, ongoing support, etc.
· Monitor and proactively address various metrics that could impact continuous delivery of campaigns, including: deliverability, missing, bulk, complaints, spam traps, reputation changes at both domain and IP level.
· Optimize our IP and domain configurations.
· Investigate and resolve problems with ISP deliverability in partnership with senior technical staff, 3rd party vendors, and ISP contacts.
- Remain at the forefront with industry standards and anti-spam techniques around commercial email.
- Build and expand on existing relationships with major ISPs, working with them to resolve any ISP delivery issues.
· Bachelor's degree required in a relevant field or discipline.
· At least 4+ years of direct relevant experience in a high volume Messaging Environment.
· Deep understanding of email marketing and deliverability KPIs.
· Strong knowledge and working experience with email deliverability monitoring services like Returnpath, PVIQ, etc.
· Working experience with campaign A|B testing, yield analysis and creative optimization.
· Strong familiarity with ISP communication, including feedback loops, whitelisting, and bounce and complaint handling.
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills, including the analysis and manipulation of raw data.
- Demonstrated success working on cross-functional teams and with email campaign managers.
- Experience with in-house and commercial emailing campaign systems preferred.
- Self-directed and self-motivated; Must be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This position will be located in Seattle